Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Iwillcallit

www.iwillcallit.com 

 This blog was originally created in August, 2011 and has been active since then.  I started it because I was searching for a publisher for my third book:  I’ll Call It Like I See It – A Lesbian Speaks Out which is a collection of essays addressing contemporary issues ranging from faith to football as well as six essays relating to my discovering a connection with my mother who had Alzheimer’s disease. 

One year later I had a publisher and the book was published in November, 2012, but by then I had a  group of followers who enjoyed my reflections on the vicissitudes of life so the blog lived on after  publication.In addition to the traditional essay topics on current events, music and poetry and other literature are often my inspiration for posts.  I once wrote a series of  romance stories based on post cards from  the 1920s and 30s.  A letter from a soldier to his mother in 1918 was a starting point on one of my more popular posts.  One of the most unusual posts was a love story between a Texas woman and her prize bull (sorry – not THAT kind of love story).  A beautiful sunset can inspire a post.

 I also have an inspirational quote posted on the site.  I refresh this periodically.  Some readers notice  and appreciate it.

I’ll Call It Like I See It  is unique because the topics are relevant to any reader but they are seen through the eyes of a seasoned Southern woman who continues the tradition of good Texas storytellers with a lesbian flair.  The tone is personal – often intimate – and conversational which makes it compelling. Imagine sitting with an old friend in rocking chairs on the front porch of her home on a quiet street in a small town in Texas. You rock and talk about love, faith, grief, comfort, joy, peace and Elvis.Maybe even Garth Brooks.  The more you talk and rock, the more the stresses of your life are lessened just a little bit for a brief moment when you stop by I’ll Call it Like I See It 

Keywords personal reflections, humor, GLBT literature, the way life is, slice of life, random, current events, country music, family, Southern

Submitted by I`ll Call it Creator Sheila Morris 


No comments:

Post a Comment